Discover is hiring! Our Customer Protection Services department is looking for Fraud Prevention Customer Service Representatives. We have full-time (40 hrs) DAY SHIFT (start times of 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM & 10:00 AM) available with incentive opportunities!
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that is different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
Fraud Prevention Customer Service Representatives routinely engage card members for the purpose of verifying potential fraudulent activity on accounts identified as having potential suspicious activity identified by the various detection systems. Representatives initiate card member contact by means of an automated dialer, and/or inbound calls resulting from automated voice messages, text or email alerts. Customer Service Representatives are required to utilize specific call handling procedures for the purpose of mitigating potential fraud losses while branding the Discover Product to create a rewarding and engaging experience for our customers. For our Fraud Prevention Customer Service Representatives benefits start DAY ONE
of your employment. These include:
Position also known as:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid time off (20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement available your first day of employment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to Volunteer in the community
- Development Groups and Trainings
Customer Service - Fraud Prevention Representative, Charge Verification Group, Customer Service - Fraud Prevention
Skills Key Responsibilities:
Key Skills/ Qualifications:
- Ensure adherence to all Security related policies & procedures
- Utilization of active listening skills and appropriate acknowledgment statements
- Demonstrate good problem solving and relevant conversational skills
- Ability to recognize and adapt to the various channels in which customer contact is initiated
- Effective utilization of the various Skip Tracing tools available to assist in the authentication process
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production oriented environment
- Provide a high level of Customer Service
- Perform other duties assigned to you
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
This position is scheduled to start January 16, 2018. We have Full-Time (40 hrs) Day Shift (start times of 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, & 10:00 AM) available. Please note this position includes a six (6) week, M-F paid training program where your attendance is mandatory.
- Capable of building customer loyalty through listening, relationship building, and professional and persuasive communication skills
- Good analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have acceptable attendance, behavior and performance
- Must be adaptable and able to see the benefits of change
- Must be able to multitask different computer systems at the same time, while handling call volumes
- Customer Service experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.