Under general supervision of the Warehouse Operations Manager or other supervisory/management-level position receives and checks products delivered to the facility. Ensures that only products intended for AHP are accepted and that all merchandise is in viable condition.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements. It is the associate's responsibility to observe and obey all safety rules. Any condition thought to be hazardous or unsafe should be reported to your supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for checking shipping documents from the delivery truck driver and ensures that shipment is properly addressed; rejects any deliveries made to an address other than the AHP address.
- Uses a pallet jack or forklift to move shipments from the end of the truck or loading dock to the receiving area.
- May separate shipments in work area by purchase order numbers or suppliers for ease of verification.
- Inspects all containers for signs of damage and counts the number of units to ensure they match the number indicated on the shipping documents.
- Records any shortages over-shipments or damaged goods on the shipping document and notifies the appropriate manager of any deliveries that have been refused.
- Files all paperwork relating to the receiving function including purchase orders receivers backorders and ship-on-arrival orders.
- Logs received goods on a daily basis following outlined policy and procedures.
- Identifies any merchandise that is damaged shows signs of tampering or any indications of not being saleable and notifies supervisor immediately.
- Makes proper notations and calculations on Shipping Documents and Receiving Documents.
- May enter data into computerized systems
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires completion of a high school diploma general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires less than one (1) year of equivalent work experience. Previous experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of reading shipping and receiving documents and product labels.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.