A Supply Chain Engineer supports process improvement and task-out projects for the distribution centers, typically related to cost out and productivity. An Engineer may perform operational analysis, process improvement, facility and capacity planning, and project management. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects, possesses excellent communication skills, works well with a team, interacts with multiple levels and functions within the Supply Chain organization.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 40% Conducts time studies, performs zero base analysis, rate analysis, network analysis, statistical analysis, flow path analysis and related supply chain analysis.
- 25% Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through competitive analysis, and critical thinking. Supports and/or leads cross-functional strategic or process improvement projects.
- 25% Develops reports and runs ad hoc queries. Identifies, modifies and develops standard operating procedures to steamline operating processes and training opportunities.
- 10% Provides facility and capacity planning support for distribution and transportation functions in Logistics.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Position reports to the Manager Logistics
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Position is located in a Distribution Center environment. There will be frequent periods of standing required." />
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!