A Supply Chain Engineer supports process improvement and task-out projects for the distribution centers, typically related to cost out and productivity. An Engineer may perform operational analysis, process improvement, facility and capacity planning, and project management. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects, possesses excellent communication skills, works well with a team, interacts with multiple levels and functions within the Supply Chain organization.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 40% Conducts time studies, performs zero base analysis, rate analysis, network analysis, statistical analysis, flow path analysis and related supply chain analysis.
- 25% Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through competitive analysis, and critical thinking. Supports and/or leads cross-functional strategic or process improvement projects.
- 25% Develops reports and runs ad hoc queries. Identifies, modifies and develops standard operating procedures to steamline operating processes and training opportunities.
- 10% Provides facility and capacity planning support for distribution and transportation functions in Logistics.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Position reports to the Manager Logistics
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Position is located in a Distribution Center environment. There will be frequent periods of standing required.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Industrial Engineering Degree or other related Engineering Degree
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word and AutoCad.
- Experience conducting time studies and the development of engineered performance standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Adaptability: Adapts to and embraces change with composure, resilience, and perseverance in the face of constraints, high pressure, and adverse situations.
- Cross-functional knowledge: Uses knowledge of functional areas, organizational structure, and key business drivers to support company initiatives and long-term growth strategies, understanding individual and functional impact on the whole organization.
- Delivers Results: Demonstrates a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities. Sets and communicates high standards for achievement.
- Process Improvement: Uses Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodology to develop and execute efficient and cost effective solutions to align with the business objectives within the Logistics organization.
- Acts Strategically: Knows the contribution of each business unit and function in Logistics to business and project success. Understands and uses financial indicators/metrics to measure the performance of projects.
- Drives Excellence: Approaches problems systematically; develops solutions with sustainable and scalable results. Uses sound judgement and makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Excels in Customer Service: Thinks and Acts with a Customer Perspective.
- Inspires Achievement: Excites associates about change, by explaining its benefits and the business case.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!