At PetSmart, we believe pets make us better people. That's why we create more moments for people to be inspired by pets.
PetSmart is looking for enthusiastic undergrads with the drive to develop into strong leaders. Let us help you jumpstart your career with the support you need to become a successful leader in our Distribution Center (DC) Leader in Training Program.
The Distribution Centers are the key to PetSmart's thriving Supply Chain; without them we could not stock our shelves with the innovative products that our pet parents have come to expect. Each of these large buildings is hard at work moving merchandise, organizing our inventory and delivering great service to their clients: our stores. Our DC associates delight our customers by ensuring products are in the right place, at the right time.
Our DC Leader in Training Program offers you the opportunity to rotate through the various departments of a PetSmart Distribution Center learning the operational skills you'll need to run your own department effectively. You'll also build interpersonal and leadership skills that will give you the confidence to inspire and develop your associates. And you won't be doing it alone; you'll learn from experienced leaders and have a dedicated mentor to help you along the way. After twelve months in the program, you'll be ready to assume the role of a DC Operations Supervisor for PetSmart. Unleash the leader you're meant to be with the opportunity to explore our DC Leadership positions and achieve results in our organization.Sound like something that would get your tail wagging? Then come join our team as a DC Leader in Training!What will you do?
What's in it for you?
- Learn to lead a team of diverse associates from an experienced network of leaders
- Operate in a big box DC and get hands-on exposure to a Fortune 300 retailer's supply chain
- Monthly conference calls with your cohort and various guest speakers
- Understand the different DC departments: receiving, replenishment, order fill, shipping, DC services, and the fish department
What will you need?
- Structured leadership development curriculum
- Fast-paced, energetic work environment
- Supportive manager and dedicated mentor
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Exposure to supply chain leadership
What are you waiting for? Apply today to jump-start your career the smart way, with PetSmart! For more information on opportunities with PetSmart, like our Facebook page or connect with us on LinkedIn!PetSmart, Inc. (PETM)
- Bachelor's degree (within the past 12 months or on track to graduate by December or May)
- Supply Chain, Operations, or Logistics Major preferred
- A passion for distribution center operations.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Openness to relocate and adapt to change
- An essential function of the position can include heavy lifting, up to and including 70 lbs.
- This position requires continuous standing and walking, up to and including 12 hour shifts.
was founded in 1987 in Phoenix, Arizona and has become the leading provider of products, services, and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. PetSmart currently employs over 52,000 associates and operates more than 1,350 stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. In addition, the company operates over 200 in-store PetsHotel dog and cat boarding facilities and Doggie Day Camps, and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information.
Since 1994, the company has partnered with PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent, nonprofit organization that creates and supports programs that save the lives of homeless pets. As the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, PetSmart Charities has provided more than $165 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare agencies. In addition, its in-store adoption program has helped save the lives of over 5 million pets.
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.