Dc Shipping Clerk BE Hunt - 1st Shift
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posted: December 15, 2017
Reference ID: 156909
Job Title: DC Shipping Clerk BE Hunt
Insure the timely processing of customer orders through any and all procedure and functions of the Distribution Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
• Pull and ship orders to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain inventory accuracy when moving product. Always move the correct quantity to/from the correct location.
• Insure timely processing of transactions through the computer system.
• Use proper care and concern to insure safe handling of material and orders through the DC to avoid personal injury and property damage. This includes using all powered equipment in a safe manner.
• Verify product to be selected matches the label on product and location to insure the correct material being shipped.
• Verify shipping documents and labels to insure product is shipped to the proper customer. Audit when necessary.
• Indicate on pick list any overage or shortages to insure proper invoicing and for back ordered product.
• Stack product on pallet in a manner to prevent damage in shipment. Stretch wrap the pallet.
• Load product on trailer in order to maximize efficiency in space used.
• Replenish inventory into prime locations and perform necessary system transactions.
• Keep work area clean and orderly.
Tools, Equipment and Materials
Boxed units and assemblies. Fork lift
Stretch wrap equipment Pallet jacks, carts and hand trucks
RF equipment Hand held computer terminal
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
• Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly. Verifies LTL trailers and trailers not backed up by a Shipper/Spotter are chocked properly.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of AS-400 or Oracle Inventory software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Fork lift operators certificate.
Other Skills and Abilities Regular attendance is an essential job requirement. Ability to work as a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.