Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Global Advisors
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With over $2 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. The firm's investment culture is built on experience and skill that each of its more than 440 investment professionals and over 2,350 employees around the world bring to every client relationship. SSGA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston.
SSGA's Defined Contribution Team
With over $300 billion in global defined contribution (DC) assets and over 30 years of DC experience, SSGA is one of the leading investment-only providers of DC solutions in the marketplace today. SSGA has managed target date strategies since 1995 and has extensive experience working with clients through multiple market cycles. Global Head of Defined Contribution is comprised of over 20 professionals worldwide. DC clients rely on SSGA to provide a robust, global investment platform that offers access to virtually every major asset class, capitalization range and style, including low-cost index funds, a suite of QDIA-eligible target date strategies, custom target date and balanced funds, capital preservation investments and distinct DC share classes. In addition, SSGA provides dedicated DC research, thought leadership, implementation and participant communications assistance, demonstrating the firm's dedication to providing holistic DC solutions to clients.
SSGA Defined Contribution Website: http://www.SSGA.com/definedcontribution/
DC Investment Strategy Team
As a Senior Investment Strategist, you will develop a deep understanding of clients' investment needs and work to ensure a superior offering and client experience versus other DC investment managers. Partnering with SSGA's Institutional Client Group (ICG), you will work to increase the adoption of our investment strategies across direct plan sponsors, recordkeeping platforms and investment consultants to fuel the growth of our DC business globally. You will use your investment, sales and client-facing experience to highlight the value of our offerings, help improve new and existing products, and support our existing $300B+ DC client base. Your global perspective will deepen relationships with our many multi-national clients, as you will lead complex projects and perform analysis for some of the largest DC plans in the world.
You will be located in Boston and will report directly to the Head of DC Investment Strategy. You will need to travel for client and consultant meetings.
What we would need you to do:
• Drive the adoption of SSGA's investment strategies with clients and prospects, in collaboration with ICG , to fuel growth in SSGA's DC business
• Coordinate across investment and product teams to ensure a best-in-class DC offering and client experience
• Serve as an expert on our DC strategies and plan design architecture
• Oversee and contribute to multifaceted projects and analysis for the most sophisticated global investors
• Keep internal and external business partners and clients updated on general industry trends
• Develop relationships with our business partners , notably across SSGA's investment teams, as well as clients and consultants
Education and qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree required
• CFA or progress towards CFA strongly preferred
• 8-10 years of global investment management experience required
• Experience in DC and retirement markets strongly preferred, experience in the insurance/annuity business a plus
• Solid investment foundation and excellent analytical skills required
• Ability to connect and engage an audience, explaining complex concepts in simple fashion. Experience in presenting to institutional clients required.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills required
• Great teammate with experience building strong relationships
• Self-starter that will excel and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial team environment
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.