Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Primary Function :
This position's primary responsibilities are to complete preventive maintenance tasks and routine repairs on the automated material handling system components to support the goals of the Distribution Center. In addition, completing Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing repairs and other building tasks will be required. This position will be required to demonstrate proper safe work practices around automated equipment while in a production environment by adherence to Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO) and NFPA70E/NEC code standards. Additional responsibilities for this position include repair and maintenance of Powered Industrial Equipment (PIE) and all associated equipment as well as assisting higher level Technicians with complex automated material handling system projects and repairs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance and general repair tasks on conveyors, sorters, shuttles and related automated material handling assets.
- Responding to calls for assistance with building issues, conveyor jams or shut downs and other facility issues.
- Complete assigned projects to support Operations Departments.
- Perform general building repairs including plumbing, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and carpentry repairs.
- Maintain shop equipment in working condition including cranes, drill presses, stand grinders, welding equipment, presses (hydraulic/pneumatic), jacks, jack stands, band saws and various other pieces of equipment.
- General work area housekeeping and stock keeping responsibilities.
- Utilization of CMMS to enter daily maintenance activities.
- Ability to work independently on projects and work assignments.
- Work with contractors, service providers and other Facilities personnel.
- Ability to operate all automated material handling and mobile equipment within the Distribution Center.
- Communicate status of work-in-progress and completion estimate with team and management.
- Remain current in training for LOTO, NFPA/NEC standards and other KPI, as required by policies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities will include:
- Repair and maintenance of PIE fleet and associated assets, including picking carts, batteries, battery changing equipment.
- Assisting with complex repairs and projects on automated material handling system.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of building and equipment maintenance experience.
- Ability to understand and read directions and clearly communicate with others.
- Capable of completing all company forms and paperwork.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills, specifically regarding MS Outlook and Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) programs.
- Knowledge and application of safe work practices, including LOTO standards.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions with acute attention to detail and high level of record keeping accuracy.
- Demonstrated competency of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and pneumatic concepts.
- Skilled at using electrical multi-meters, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, calipers, gauges, etc.
- Ability to understand and interpret MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) drawings and schematics.
- Ability to develop skill sets through ongoing training in both formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated reliability/flexibility in regard to attendance.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.