Position Summary :
The function of this position is to provide direct support to the Enterprise Sales Team in the analysis, structuring, review, and approval of non-standard revenue deals.
This position resides within the Sales Finance organization and primarily interacts with the Field Sales Organization, Senior Management, Revenue Accounting, Order Management, Legal, and Product Management. The role will have a designated sales territory to support and act as initial point of contact for sales reps requiring non-standard deal structuring support.
- Work collaboratively with corporate stakeholders on revenue deal structuring, pricing, and contract language negotiations. Enterprise License Agreement deal sizes up to multi-million dollars in value consisting of software, subscription, hardware, and service elements.
- Read, interpret, redline, and draft contractual language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies.
- Collaborate to identify acceptable customer and company options to facilitate deal closure.
- Assess revenue treatment prior to deals being finalized.
- Track and document non-standard deals.
- Complete ad hoc Deal Desk projects and analysis as required.
- Work to help ensure the company obtains its overall goals in regards to profitability, margin, and market share.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 years related experience in Sales Finance, Revenue Accounting, Sales Operations, and or Deal Desk functions.
- Solid revenue recognition knowledge.
- Experience with both Channel and a Direct Sales model is highly desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong understanding of quote to cash processes.
- Comfortable reading legal contractual language.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and analytical individual, accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to operate with independent discretion and judgement with respect to policy adherence and understanding to facilitate exceptions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Extremely strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.