Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) - Deal Strategy Manager
The Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) Deal Desk & Strategy Team is responsible for supporting all contracting and business development initiatives for ODC. Our go to market includes highly complex, innovate transactions in the ad-tech space, which include commercial licensing, strategic partnerships, and inbound technology and data licensing. The Deal Desk & Strategy Team leads the structuring, review, negotiation, and approval of transactions both internally and with customers. In addition the group designs, develops, and delivers process improvements for the entire ODC deal process.
This role is a Deal Strategy Manager and approver for the Oracle Data Cloud Global Business Unit. Deal Strategy Managers are key advisors and partners to the ODC sales organization; and will work closely with the field to structure complex transactions, develop negotiation strategies, and provide on-going guidance in the areas of deal structure and negotiation. Deal Strategy Managers will also collaborate closely with other Oracle groups during the deal review and approval process, including Legal, Global Business Practices, Corporate Architecture, Deal Management, and others. Deal Strategy Managers must be able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously, lead cross-functional discussions, and negotiate and debate internally in order to drive a deal to successful completion.
Skills and requirements
- Provide deal strategy, structuring, review and Oracle compliance and practices advice to sales in an effort to maximize current and future revenue and remain within an acceptable risk profile for Oracle.
- Ensure consistency in terms and conditions offered across ODC customer base, given transactional size, competition and risk.
- Assist with complex deal creation and negotiations.
- Liaison on behalf of ODC with other shared services - Cloud Deal Management, Cloud Legal , HQAPP, Global Business Practices, Sales Operations, Revenue Recognition, Risk Management, Pricing, ODC Development, to facilitate quick execution of transactions and improved business processes.
- Development and assistance in the execution of ongoing and new hire training programs.
- Recognize, drive and implement process improvements related to deal execution.
- Help drive the integration and alignment of ODC acquisitions into our business practices and policies. Work with Global Finance Operations, Deal Management and Global Business Practices as needed during the integration.
- Represent ODC on project teams and task forces across different groups at Oracle, as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
- 7-10 Years of experience working with commercial contracts, focused on tech / software. Ad tech / SaaS / tech licensing experience highly preferred.
- Experience in Inbound technology licensing highly preferred.
- Advanced degree: JD or MBA preferred
- Strong time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a given project.
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Strong negotiation and debate skills - "Hold the room" on calls and review sessions in order to support the needs of the business.
- Quick learner - ability to absorb concepts day to day, outside of structured training sessions.
- Self-starter and ability to execute day-to-day with limited supervision.
- Ability to find inefficiencies in processes, describe issues to more senior leaders and provide suggestions on how to improve.
- Travel up to 25%.
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills. 8 plus years relevant work experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.