Dealer Relationship Manager
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Dealer Financial Distribution Officer prospects, develops, cultivates and maintains new and existing business relationships in their respective market.
The Dealer Financial Distribution Officer meets with prospective and existing dealer customers to acquire indirect business, solicit and acquire TD Bank Dealer Commercial Services product (floor plan), and expand relationships with TD Auto Finance and TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank throughout a specified region.
The job focuses on increasing efficient and profitable retail, remarketing and floorplan/commercial business, while maintaining a profitable dealer portfolio.
** TDAF Dealer Financial Distribution Officer is responsible to acquire both indirect retail and floor plan/commercial business within a designated territory. In the overall market, the bank competition has two sales forces that sell each product individually to their dealer customers.
The experience needed by TDAF and the competitive nature of the positions verses the other bank lenders can create challenges to find qualified candidates at a competitive compensation package at times. Job Requirements • Manages the relationship with auto dealers in an assigned territory for all TD products (Retail, Commercial, Remarketing). Monitors dealer performance through daily reports and recommends/takes actions as appropriate.
• Understands the differentiated services we offer and applies them to our customer base; grows relationships, improves relationships and ceases relationships to maintain profitable, efficient business.
• Meets dealers to discuss consumer and commercial lending products, creates strategies and plans and consults with dealers regarding their needs. Monitors dealer performance through daily reports and recommends/takes actions as appropriate.
• Develops new business by meeting with prospects to achieve annual sales and cross-referral goals; qualifies prospects, determines their consumer lending needs, formulates account strategies, coordinates with necessary personnel and presents solutions.
• Visits Customers on a regular basis to ensure service levels are maintained; effective meetings are planned, and assess overall
business situations. Answers Customer questions and resolves Customer problems. Creates and delivers sales presentations, including presentations to larger audiences and organizations, which summarize prospect's consumer lending situation and how consumer lending products and services would meet their needs. Recommends additional products and services as appropriate, solves problems and ensures ongoing Customer satisfaction.
• Provides training and mentoring for new and less experienced staff.
• Participates in the development of unit operating policies and procedures by communicating new or unique situations and solutions developed. Develops and retains indirect business according to Company policies and procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines. Qualifications • 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years related experience required
• Extensive knowledge of various dealer finance and indirect consumer lending products and services and credit decisions. Proven sales track record, including history of successfully attracting new Customers.
• Account management skills, including ability to build strong and lasting business relationships. Refined negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams to contribute to sound lending decisions. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Excellent PC skills. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York City (Primary) Buffalo * Additional Cities in Primary State Syracuse