PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
As businesses grow and become more complex, they navigate complicated transactions. Our growing Advisory Transaction Services practice helps executives achieve strategic growth objectives for their organizations by driving informed and empowered acquisition, divestiture and reorganization decisions. Our transaction services professionals help companies across the deal continuum
developing the right strategy, identifying issues and points of negotiation and value, executing the deal seamlessly, and implementing changes to deliver synergies and improvements post integration.
Our Deals Strategy team offers strategic advice to a broad range of investors including the leading private equity houses, major banks, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. We deliver deep commercial insight into the attractiveness of a proposition, helping clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a businessâ€™s commercial outlook.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Science or other relevant field
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Science or other relevant field or an MBA
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, commercial due diligence or corporate strategy roles, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
- Understanding various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations; and,
- Assisting clients with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
Demonstrates extensive abilities, and/or proven record of success with, managing and developing strategic client relationships while providing the highest quality client work across multiple client projects, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment;
- Taking an active role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities;
- Delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Managing complex projects while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels of client organizations;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, and financials);
- Developing high-yield work plans: prioritizing issues that drive the answer, developing creative ways to prove or disprove hypotheses, estimating time and resourcing required for work modules;
- Managing multi-resource engagements: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively communicating up, down and laterally;
- Improving work processes: proactively finding standard-setting for engagement execution, codifying and sharing new insights;
- Providing direction, coaching and guidance to staff;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management;
- Synthesizing issues for leadership team;
- Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality; and,
- Understanding advanced analytics and big data is preferred.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.