This position is located at our Big Lake facility and is responsible for performing repetitive deburring operations, interpreting blueprints and drawings, setting up and operating deburring equipment and hand tools, polishing and cleaning parts, inspecting deburred parts, using material handling equipment and performing basic assembly operations. Key Responsibilities:
1. Perform repetitive deburring operations by removing excess metal and surface defects from parts.
2. Interpret blueprints and drawings and follow manufacturing processes and procedures.
3. Set up and operate deburring equipment and hand tools, including die grinders, drill presses, orbital sanders, buffers, knives and bead blasters.
4. Polish, grind and clean parts.
5. Inspect deburred parts to ensure conformance to quality specifications, using gauges, microscopes and other measuring tools as required. Follow procedures as needed to address non-conformities.
6. Use material handling equipment to move materials and parts throughout the shop.
7. May perform basic assembly operations.
8. Complete required documentation for all jobs responsible for.
9. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment, adhering to 5S principles.
10. Other duties as assigned.Basic QualificationsRequired Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year relevant experience.
- Basic ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and specifications.
- Basic machining knowledge.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment.
- Experience with close tolerance deburring and polishing.
- Experience using material handling equipment, including hoists.
- Experience with mechanical assembly.