The Decision Technology Analyst supports Revenue Management users by providing data analysis, evaluating decision support system results, building database queries, and troubleshooting analyst concerns. This role will analyze demand forecast and optimization model results. The analyst will develop decision support tools and assist with department reporting. The Decision Technology analyst will develop detailed test plans and lead groups of analyst testers in acceptance testing, interacting with business and IT. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze demand forecast and Revenue Management optimization model results, monitoring data integrity and results while evaluating effectiveness. Recommend and discuss improvements.
- Develops and implements decision support tools and builds query databases as required for management support using various programming languages and tools.
- Develops detailed test plans and leads group of analyst testers in acceptance testing.
- Works with end users to determine business needs.
- Supports end users in Revenue Management and Fleet by explaining decision support system results, building database queries, and troubleshooting analyst concerns.
- Applies decision support tools and database queries to business problems in order to access/capture appropriate data, interpret the results, and make recommendations.
- Assists in management reporting.
- Bachelor's degree required in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or Quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year of data analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with programming using Visual Basic, VBA, SQL, Access, SAS, & Java.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical, judgment, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, time management, and planning skills.
- Excellent documentation skills required and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management, and their staffs.
- Experience with databases and queries required, including SQL and Access.
- Experience with Visual Basic/VBA required.
- Experience with Brioquery a plus.
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office (Access, Excel, Word).
Minimal travel is required.
Avis Budget Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility
A little about us: