Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Description: Position Summary:
The Boat Tours Marina Services Worker primarily works as a deckhand. Marina Services Workers are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service. Marina Services Workers also provide a concierge service to guests - always highly knowledgeable on Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas and the surrounding area - able to answer guests' questions and inquiries. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Marina Services Workers must be able to work physically hard
- Fill lemonade and water coolers prior to each boat tour
- Ensure all Boat Tours customers are boarded as efficiently as possible and that basic boat usage and safety information is communicated
- Assist customers on and off the boat answering any questions they may have
- Maintain a knowledge of the National Park Service interpretation program
- Assist guests with commentary ensuring their recording is set up to play in their chosen language if available
- Load and unload supplies such as bottles of water for trips
- Assist Boat Pilot where needed both at the dock and on boat tours
- Ensure accurate number count of boat tour guests. Ensuring that if the boat stops at any locations - that all guests board the boat prior to the boat departing
- Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage opening hours and services, events and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in The Grand Circle
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints - always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the boat dock and on board tour boats at all times
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Marina Services Workers report to the Boat Tours Manager
- Marina Services Workers need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc...
- Marina Services Worker cannot be prone to motion sickness as they will spend hours at a time working on board tour boats
- Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Marina Services Workers should be willing to gain a good understanding of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on the area's history, activities and amenities
- If employee will operate a boat, they must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check
- Previous customer service, interpretation and boating experience preferred
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred; current student considered.
- Previous experience in housekeeping or food service is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must able effectively communicate with others and follow written/oral instructions and procedures.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.