Prudential is seeking highly motivated Individual Life Insurance sales/financial services professionals with proven success in the life insurance marketplace to become a part of Prudential's expanding Institutional Distribution Channel as a Dedicated Life Consultant, responsible for increasing the sales of Individual Life Insurance products through financial advisors within Edward Jones. This position has a strong emphasis on point of sale activities. This is one position covering Eastern PA, MD, and DE in the Central Valley Sales Division.
- Accountable for sales results within assigned territory through financial advisor relationships– includes assisted (point of sale) and unassisted sales activity, primarily through a point of sale focus.
- Develops/executes individual sales plan.
- Expected to meet or exceed annual sales goal.
- Responsible for meeting assigned activity requirements (for example, assisted sales calls with financial advisors) and firm production goals.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of Prudential's products, services and programs and effectively uses this knowledge to compete/sell in the marketplace.
- Identifies potential financial advisors within assigned territory and creates sales opportunities.
- Provides initial and on-going training to financial advisors within the territory in the use/sale of Prudential’s products/services.
- Presents financial advisors with sales ideas to assist them in selling Prudential’s products and meets with clients where appropriate.
- Practices effective expense management; completes and submits accurate expense reports in a timely manner.
- Functions as an effective liaison between the Home Office and the financial advisor with regard to underwriting, commissions, customer service, licensing questions, etc.
- Uses and keeps up-to-date all sales activity and calendar.
- Miscellaneous duties as required by Divisional Vice President (DVP)
- 5 or more years of direct point of sale Life Insurance wholesaling experience and/or individual life retail sales/retail sales management experience.
- Prudential Internal candidates must have the above referenced 5 or more years of sales experience OR must have at least 2 years of demonstrated performance as a Prudential Regional Marketing Specialist, with demonstrated readiness for progression to the RSVP role.
- Successful track record of life insurance sales experience required
- Thorough knowledge of advanced sales concepts and life insurance marketplace
- Strong presentation and seminar selling skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships effectively
- Ability to work with other financial professionals on joint sales calls
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Demonstrates adaptability and resourcefulness
- Leverages organization, business and financial knowledge
- Life & Health/Series 6 & 63 licensed
- Professional designations (e.g., CFP, CLU, ChFC) preferred
- Position requires significant overnight travel
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.