This position requires a strong background in Semiconductor process (defects, process variability) and integration demonstrated by having several years of experience working inside advanced manufacturing semiconductor fab. Incumbent must have expertise in defect troubleshooting, defect analysis and resolution, with understanding of PM procedure, hardware, kits and clean requirements.
In addition, this position requires experience in process modules, understanding process interactions, breakdown into unit process requirements and process variability analysis to address issues in advanced logic and memory applications. Knowledge of 3D NAND and Logic device and integration is a must. Incumbent must have sound background in statistics, analytical and problem solving skills, be able to work in team environment and take leadership role in cross functional teams. Key Responsibilities
- Drive innovative techniques to characterize hardware, define methods and new technologies and apply them to characterize hardware, and/or perform hardware characterization on significantly complex systems for a range of programs, within safety guidelines.
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on significantly complex process engineering experiments for a range of products, within safety guidelines
- Design and implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
- Train engineers, define and implement new methodologies, define and apply new technologies, and/or troubleshoot and resolve significantly complex process engineering issues/problems for a range of products
- Develop, plan and execute process engineering projects for a range of products
- Interact with key customers to resolve significantly complex process engineering issues for a range of products to address our customers High Value Problems (HVP)
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, technical reports for integrated products and generate process engineering specifications for integrated products
- Define and validate film measurement techniques. Train engineers on the techniques and guide them in the interpretation of the data
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.