Deficiency Recovery Coordinator
The Deficiency Recovery Sr Coordinator will work in a fast paced call center environment with customers whose vehicle has been repossessed and charged off to negotiate a positive resolution.
You will make 25 - 30 outbound calls per hour in order to contact customers for possible arrangements.
This associate will answer inbound calls from repossessed auto loan customers, vendors, and others in a call center environment.
Our department strives to provide superior quality service.
You will need to review customer documentation for accuracy, answer questions, and resolve customer issues.
- Make outbound calls to customers.
- Answer inbound calls from repossessed customers.
- Thoroughly review the account to determine if it is eligible for reinstatement.
- Utilize tools to assist the customer with resolving there delinquency.
- Review documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain a strong relationship with our customer and provide exceptional service.
- Using de-escalation techniques to uphold the Capital One brand.
- Attending daily huddles and any required meetings.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly performance metrics.
- Work within implemented strategies currently in place.
- High School diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience.
- At least 2 years experience in a call center collections environment or at least 1 year experience in a Loss Mitigation.
- 2 years of late stage or recovery collections experience
- 2 years of loss mitigation auto finance experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.