The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the achievement of the BCU channel management goals by identifying and providing actionable insights and strategic direction focusing on member behavior in the physical, call center and digital channels.
Using data, and other sources of member channel behavior, assist the retail organization understanding member propensity, channel utilization and channel profitability to drive channel investments with existing and new channels with informed decisions from analysis. This role requires balance between business acumen and strong analytical skills as well as a foundational understanding of key data systems to understand and manage channel portfolio dynamics. Effectively communicate insightful and well researched conclusions and recommendations to constituents. Utilize BCU data warehouse and other data resources to produce accurate, timely and relevant channel performance reporting. Work collaboratively with the data warehouse and business intelligence teams to manage quality channel data. Establish consistency with channel data across organization. Perform comprehensive channel analysis to support channel investments and/or new channel development recommendations. Work across channels to develop a comprehensive understanding of BCU digital, service center and call centers and data outputs from activities in each of these channels. Identify target member segments within the channels and make recommendations for future growth and channel mix. A ssist with annual retail operational and budget planning. Leverage BCU's internal data warehouse (SQL-based) to support ad-hoc report requests. Interface with IS resources to leverage capability using the Microsoft suite.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent discipline
- 3-4 years of related financial or analytical experience, preferably in a financial institution.
- Prior experience utilizing relational databases, SQL knowledge preferred
- Prior experience using Microsoft Suite products preferred
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills to work across channel stakeholders
- Strong financial analytical skills. Ability to develop analysis to support channel recommendations
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to formulate and present conclusions based on large sets of data.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail. Works independently with minimal supervision, while maintaining clear lines of communication with management
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.