AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide Company, the country's largest distributor of industrial and specialty gases and related products, has an IMMEDIATE opening for a highly motivated individual to join our WICHITA, KS TEAM in the position of DRIVER - LOCAL DELIVERY (CLASS B).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
• Sells products and services to existing and new customers.
• Drives truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business.
• Performs any non-route delivery(s) necessary to provide customers with product.
• Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
• Writes customer order and instructions.
• Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
• Calls on prospective customers to solicit new business. Prepares order forms.
• Informs regular customers of new products or services.
• Listens to and resolves service complaints.
• Issues sales promotion materials to customers.
• Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unsold merchandise. Loads truck.
• Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
• Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance checks on truck.
• Complies with all company policies and meets DOT requirements.
• Assists inside store, servicing customers at dock, front counter and over the phone.
• Attend safety meetings as scheduled before, during or after daily shift.
• Assists with other driver's scheduled duties as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Must have at least one year of Class A or B CDL driving experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must maintain a current Class A or B CDL with Hazmat endorsement.
• Must have the ability to become Forklift Certified.
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days.
In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program.
Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays and floating holidays.
Company paid uniforms are provided, as well as a safety boot and safety glasses allowance.
In addition, Airgas covers the cost of the fingerprint fee for obtaining the hazmat endorsement on your DOT CDL.
Because our drivers are dispatched during the week, drivers are able to be home on most weekends and nights.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Pre-employment Substance Abuse Screening Required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.