More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
This is an Operations position responsible for providing efficient and economical service while operating vehicles associated with delivery activities and performing other related duties as required. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make a check of manifests, invoices and backhaul paperwork to determine any special orders or instructions.
- Note any observed competitor activity or products at a customer site and notify Driver Lead or Manager in an effort to enhance sales planning and evaluation.
- Log delivery information in Tripmaster for each delivery stop to provide documentation of activities and proceed to the next delivery as outlined on the manifest sheet.
- Unload returned merchandise off of truck and places them in the proper location for Inventory Control personnel to check. Report large returns to the Driver Lead or Manager in an effort to enhance the efficiency of inventory control and warehouse operations.
- Contact Driver Lead or Manager for further instructions or next day instructions to enhance efficiency of delivery services.
- Inspect delivery vehicle, per DOT instructions (i.e. checking tire pressure, oil level, gauges, etc.) to ensure that it is set at proper temperature and operating properly.
- Ensure, when leaving truck unattended, that doors are closed and locked and keys are removed from the ignition to avoid occurrences of theft.
- Report any vehicle mechanical problems to truck shop immediately and complete D.O.T. post trip inspection report placing all copies in the proper locations to ensure proper repair and the availability of a fully operational fleet.
- Park vehicle, following check-in, remove all load bars, pallets, and hand trucks and place the equipment in the appropriate areas.
- Redeliver and pick up products as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Meet and maintain MVR violation and insurance pooling requirements.
- A valid Class A Driver License and a clean driving record.
- 1 year Class A commercial driving experience
- Ability to lift approximately 50-80 lbs. to a level of three feet high
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, the following certifications:
- Double and Triple Trailer
- Hazardous Cargo
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
- Good knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations, vehicle and handling equipment use and maintenance requirements
- Possess good driving skills to include backing into limited space areas.
- Ability to plan and organize your own work activities
- Ability to analyze and disseminate data, manage work time efficiently, and follow procedures, policies, routes and instructions
- Ability to read and write, identify and solve problems, perform basic mathematical calculations including making change
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.