TEKsystems has a project based initiative at one of it's largest clients Cedar Rapids, Iowa. For this project; the team will need a Delivery Lead for the multi-year, co-managed engagement. For this project; qualified candidates will be required to be on-site in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The projected start date for this project will be December 2017. This position has the option to be contract or direct-hire.General Description
The TEKsystems Delivery Lead is a critical role within the Global Services delivery organization and functions in the execution of day to day activities for one or more services engagements. A successful Delivery Lead possesses skill sets for managing people, processes and technology. The Delivery Lead is responsible for managing lower service level engagement and project teams. The Delivery Lead is responsible for conducting, analyzing and improving the process activities defined in the Global Services Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC). Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure understanding of project vision as defined by customer business and technical requirements
- Facilitate internal communication and assembling a solution delivery team for new engagements.
- Consolidate project status and budget information across project portfolio.
- Collaborate with Project Managers manage risk, project scope, and deliver according to the terms and conditions of our contracts.
- Ensure escalation procedures are documented and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
- Perform the engagement "Initiation" and "Closing" activities as defined by TEKsystems' Unified Project Management Methodology
- Act as a transition engagement manager
- Support knowledge management strategy and communicate process and procedures.
- Perform issue management and facilitate issue resolution with proper notification to all affected parties.
- Identify and coordinate the change control process.
- Perform periodic customer, project, and solution "health checks" with client project teams.
- Ensure customer reference-ability and support on-going relationships.
- Manage to proposed Communication Plan that meets project and customer expectations.
- Participate in Account Strategy with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project related documentation including processes, tools and procedures in accordance with the Global Services PMLC
- Understand and manage customer requirements (deliverables and environmental factors) to ensure contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure engagement methodology is followed by team from opportunity assessment to project closeout.
- Ensures financial and contractual engagement profitability.
- Oversee SharePoint site maintenance
- Explore additional business opportunities and drive future business through quality results.
- Ensure Service Management Office project management methodology is followed on all client engagements.
- Ensure Global Delivery Portal is updated on daily or weekly basis
- Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and executed according to internal and consultant HR policies.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Communicate requirement details to all applicable offices
- Communicate applicable sourcing concerns to delivery
- Responsible for on-boarding of new consultants.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ year experience in IT Professional Services Environment
- Experience in project management fundamentals
- Exposure to professional services agreements including the change management process.
- Exposure to Services Outsourcing, PMI PMBOK. PMP and/or IAOP (Outsourcing Professional) certification a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language), analysis and problem solving skills as well as excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Personnel management skills.
- Demonstrated project data/ risk analysis and correlation/ mitigation skills.
Please call with questions.
319.298.0807About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.