GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In collaboration with the Project Manager, ensure first class end-to-end delivery of customer requirements, on time and within budget. The Delivery Manager is the project's lead technical team member.
* Leads a cross-functional team to deliver complex EMS, DMS,
O&G software projects.
* Motivates a team to achieve aggressive deadlines, control
scope, and manage budgets.
* Provides technical direction in the system development and
has general responsibility for system integration and testing.
* Ensure generation of project and system documentation and
that internal testing is completed. Responsible for development of progress
reports to the customer. Responsible for documentation on all tasks and
development work assigned.
* Interfaces with customers on all technical, project, and
* Provides input to technical lead/expert on schedules and
* Works directly with the customer to resolve any technical
issues that may develop. Keeps customers abreast of technical developments.
* Conducts technical review of application designs and works
with the application areas to ensure that project requirements are met,
providing technical guidance and direction in all phases.
* Ensures that the system developed and delivered to the
customer is of high quality and meets all technical requirements of the
* Works with Project Manager to create project schedules,
scope changes, and execute project hand-off to customer support.
* Tracks progress of the other engineers, software development
and integration effort and assist in the resolution of any technical issues
that may arise.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Science, or equivalent or equivalent work experience.
* Requires seven (7) years lead project engineer working in
the areas of DMS, EMS, Oil and Gas, or related experience.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We may sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Past technical experience with e-terra suite of software
* Requires (5) Years project leadership experience.
* Experience with highly complex hardware and software
configurations in a real-time environment.
* Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
* Experience with Unix, and/or Windows.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
skills. Ability to write professional
and technical reports and procedures.
Ability to make formal and informal presentations to technical and
non-technical staff and customers.
* Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at
all levels of the organization.
* Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work
efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
* Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
* Ability to work effectively with other management and teams.
Fosters a team environment.#DTR
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.