Acts as the primary store-level sales person that sells and delivers products to stores over an established route to regular customers, including convenience and gas stores, small supermarkets, drug stores, restaurants, etc. Drives a delivery bay vehicle across a wide variety of weather conditions and brings products into the store as it is sold. Responsible for generating sales by engaging in and overseeing all aspects of customer service, including ongoing rotation and stocking of products on the shelves and displays, in coolers, vending equipment, and customers' backrooms. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Places future orders for the next scheduled stop at each account, generates invoices, and is responsible for daily settlement of cash and charges. Has frequent interaction with store management.
This position requires pushing/pulling cases ranging from 20 -- 45 pounds repeatedly throughout the day as well as kneeling, climbing, bending, reaching and walking while delivering and stocking the product.
* Sell and execute all promotions
* Service all scheduled customers by the end of shift
* Deliver products to store
* Merchandise all accounts to local standards
* Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account
* Completes daily settlement of accounts (paperwork, cash accounting & reconciling)
* Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 21 years or older
* Pass the drug test
* Valid CDL license
* Pass DOT Physical and DOT Road-test
* Pass physical capability (if applicable)
* Pass the background check
* Adhere to DOT Regulations
* Working for a retail business or grocery store (e.g., understanding store operations, knowledge of backroom/inventory, stocking aisles and shelves, etc.)
* Making sales calls and selling products (e.g., introducing new products, launching promotions, establishing new points of distribution in existing accounts, making deals, etc.)
* Operating trucks requiring a CDL license (e.g., performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
* Performing basic financial calculations (e.g., adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating profit percent, cost, margin, etc.)
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.