Dell Boomi Web Designer -Berwyn, PA
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Posted: January 02, 2017
Reference ID: 16000UKM
Dell Boomi Web Designer -Berwyn, PA
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the second year in a row in theGartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Ouraward-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more athttp://www.boomi.com/
Do you find yourself subconsciously critiquing websites as you browse the internet? Are you always thinking about ways to improve layout and navigation? Want to work on an evolving website you’re proud to manage? If so, Boomi is looking for you!
Boomi is an innovative SaaS business unit within Dell. We're looking for a passionate, experienced graphic designer to join our new Creative Services Team within our Marketing Department. Our business unit is growing rapidly – it’s an exciting time to come aboard!
We’re focusing on brand strategy, demand and lead generation, and awareness-building through all marketing vehicles. You need to be strategic, a critical and independent thinker, contributing your web design knowledge to help solve challenging problems, tell our story, and shape the new status quo.
- Continually improve Boomi’s web properties; create end-to-end experiences and features (Wireframes -> Prototypes -> Comps -> Coded web pages); customize WordPress templates and plugins as needed; works closely with manager and front-end developer to maintain a visually on-brand website and overall web presence
- Collaborate with team manager, graphic designer and marketing staff to optimize and/or publish digital marketing assets: continually optimize images, HTML, and CSS code base for download speed and render time optimizations
- Actively engage in strategic planning with Marketing counterparts in all stages of web projects; work cross-departmentally as needed when creating and maintaining web applications
- Remains current on new tools, technologies and web design trends, including platforms and plugins as they pertain to graphics, social, and video; validates, proposes and implements new tools and technologies as appropriate
- 4 years of professional working experience, with a firm understanding of design concepts and deep knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS and SASS (or other precompiled CSS)
- Expert experience in WordPress development including theme and individual template development, plugin tweaks/customization, new feature development; incorporating all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, templates, and additional PHP and HTML pages
- Understanding of UI/UX principals
- Web Interface Design in both Photoshop and in code; experienced using Adobe Suite
- Responsive Coding Techniques/Mobile-First Philosophy; Optimizing page load times; Cross-browser testing
- Foundation and Bootstrap Frameworks; experience with wireframing and prototyping tools; ability to design and prototype new and creative approaches to complex design problems
- Highly analytical thinker; with an eye for detail and the ability to put ideas into tangible form
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive and resourceful approach to problem-solving; demonstrates initiative and innovation appropriate to the assignment and timeframe
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment; and balance competing priorities
- Ability to self-motivate and recognize gaps in overall website or bottlenecks in processes, and propose solutions without direct prompting
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Support Services - Web Design*
**Title:** *Dell Boomi Web Designer -Berwyn, PA*
**Requisition ID:** *16000UKM*