Dell Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Enterprise Technical Support Sr. Analyst to join our team in Edina, Minnesota.
The Enterprise Technical Support Sr. Analyst will be responsible for providing proactive and reactive technical support in a 24x7 environment. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for assisting with problem determination and problem resolution
* Be creative in delivering problem solutions in preventing or resolving system configuration challenges. Due to interconnectivity of other vendor’s products (switches, servers, etc.) it will be necessary for the Copilot Senior Engineer to perform these duties with the entire deployment solution in mind. Copilot Senior Engineers are responsible for proactive customer service duties that assist Business Partners and End Users in maximizing the Storage Center capabilities.
* This position will interact with both technical and non-technical personnel and must be able to communicate effectively via telephone, email, and in person. Copilot Senior Engineers will focus on post sales support but may assist with pre sales activities as needed. Travel (Domestic & International) on short notice and overnight stay is likely with this position.
* Assist team members with both technical and non-technical issues involving the Storage Center. Provide mentoring for Copilot Engineers who are learning the Storage Center and customer communication skills.
* Copilot Senior Engineers are subject to Off-Duty / On-Call support that will be scheduled on a rotational basis. This requires the Copilot Engineer to be accessible and deliver solutions that are in response to customer inquiries.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, a two year technical degree or equivalent working experience within a technology driven environment.
* Minimum two years customer support experience in Storage, Server administration or networking help-desk environment.
* In-depth knowledge in Storage technologies and/or Open Systems technology is preferred.
* Data center experience involving servers, storage, networking and overall configuration understanding.
* Experience with network switch technologies (Ethernet, Fibre Channel) deployment, configuration, monitoring, and support.
* Current Industry certifications are helpful ( Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, etc).
* Goal oriented and motivated to succeed in a dynamic environment
* Strong communication with the ability to handle stressful situations and demanding customers
* Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
* Training and mentoring experience
Minimum Educational Requirements:
* Bachelor’s or advanced degree is desired, but not required.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
* Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
* When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
* Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
* We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
* Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Product Services - Enterprise Technical Support*
**Title:** *Dell Compellent Enterprise Technical Support Sr. Analyst*
**Requisition ID:** *16000YO0*