Dell Federal Business Process Improvement Consultant – Round Rock, TX (160010SH)
As a trusted technology provider to G20 governments for more than 20 years, Dell understands the budget concerns, purchasing process and complex security and compliance requirements of the federal government. Our technology solutions help maximize the benefits of previous investments and implement newer, more efficient ones that free up agency time and resources to move Federal Government departments forward in their mission.
We currently have an opportunity on our Federal team for a Business Process Improvement Consultant to define key business processes from inception through deployment and operationalization. Candidate must be proactive, independent, strategic thinker that can also take action and drive towards aggressive goals. Candidate should be able to work hard and play hard while collaborating with a cross functional group of high performing local and international team mates.
- Define System Security and Controls including appropriate segregation of duties for financial and accounting systems
- Solve functional and organizational problems by analyzing requirements; documenting as-is and to-be business processes; designing programs; recommending system controls and protocols
- Provide input to system configurations by articulating business requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures; documenting use cases
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; prioritizing elements for delivery; quantifying business impact for business case
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Develop system validation test plans and experience completing User Acceptance Testing
- Engage with Finance and Accounting SMEs to ensure alignment of deliverables, gathering requirements and documenting business processes
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 10 years of experience or combination of education and experience in a Business Process Improvement capacity
- Experience in the technology industry defining software requirements
- Experience documenting Security and Controls for Segregation of Duties for Financial and Accounting Systems
- Experience developing business processes, requirements, use cases, and specifications to interact with business SMEs and technical teams building out one of the following system types: order management, fraud, credit check, billing, invoicing, accounting
- Experience leading Security and Controls, User Role Definition, Business Process Documentation, Use Case Development, Business Requirements Documentation, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Requirements, User Acceptance Testing
- U. S. Citizenship required for this position
- Experience selling to the Federal Government or Government Contractor
- Experience working on an Agile Software Development Team
- Systems experience: Siebel or Oracle eBS
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Support Services - Business Process Improvement (BPI)*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Dell Federal Business Process Improvement Consultant - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160010SH*