Dell Federal Project Program Management Consultant - Round Rock, TX (160010TD)
As a trusted technology provider to G20 governments for more than 20 years, Dell understands the budget concerns, purchasing process and complex security and compliance requirements of the federal government. Our technology solutions help maximize the benefits of previous investments and implement newer, more efficient ones that free up agency time and resources to move Federal Government departments forward in their mission.
We currently have an opening on our Federal team for a Project Program Management Consultant.
- Manage project plans and deliverables from beginning to end to be revised as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Complete required program deliverables, engaging SMEs and stakeholders input and approvals
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an on-going basis
- Identify and resolve project issues within the project team
- Draft and submit budget proposals where necessary
- Facilitate gathering and analysis of data to develop business case
- Lead teams and influence resources without formal authority
- Effectively apply PM methodology and enforce project standards
- 10 years of experience or combination of education and experience in the high tech industry
- Solid understanding and execution of industry standard project management methodology
- Facilitation of stakeholder alignment leading to consensus building including motivating team members to work together in the most efficient manner
- Significant experience in one or more of these areas: Federal Government or Government, Contractor experience, Delivering Compliance Programs, Organization Design Programs, Mergers and Acquisitions, Call Center Operations
- Has a demonstrable track record of driving large, cross-organization business programs to successful and measurable conclusion
- Candidate demonstrates relevant software development or infrastructure experience, including projects involving data center moves or upgrades, network, telecom, platform refresh, greenfield packaged application scope, or mergers and acquisitions integration
- US Citizenship Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Federal government regulations and requirements (e.g. ITAR, NIST)
- Agile Methodology Project Experience
- PMP Certification
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Support Services - Project Program Management*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Dell Federal Project Program Management Consultant - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160010TD*