We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic solutions oriented Channel Sales Director, managing NA and LATAM markets. Responsibilities include a combination of leading a field channel sales team, representing CCC (Cloud Client Computing) VDI solutions, developing a strategic channel strategy closely aligned with Dell core Teams, and executing on channel (incremental) sales through CCC focused Partners.
Qualified candidates will provide direction, development and inspiration to team members; manage the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce; and set quota at the team/individual level. The Channel Director leads a team in the sales of CCC VDI products, solutions, and services to specific existing named or strategic Partners. They are also responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Manages field based Channel Mangers in NA and LATAM
- Develop and drives the overall CCC channel strategy
- Integrate CCC channel strategy tightly into the overall Dell core strategy working with cross-functional sales Teams
- Drives business process improvement efforts to constantly improve productivity and optimization of the Team
- Understands complexities of the environment and works within Dell Teams to solve and evolve the overall strategy
- Collaborates with other functions to resolve escalations/customer issues quickly
- Develops strong relationships with focused channel partners and represents CCC at major channel events
- Accomplishes results through the management of a team of professional team members and/or leaders
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate leaders or staff members
- Develops and administers schedules, objectives, and goals
- Delegates clearly and consistently
*Successful Candidates will possess:*
- 15 years of relevant channel experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 10 years leadership experience
- Track record of execution and sales achievement
- Experience driving training and development plans for organization
- Strong understanding on the industry climate and strong relationships with the Partner and Customer community
- Moderate to high level of VDI solution technical knowledge – desktop virtualization experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree recommended; Graduate degree preferred
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
*Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:* Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Outside Sales - Regional Sales Manager*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Dell Outside Regional Sales Director*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160013FI*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-TX-Dallas, North America-US-IL-Chicago, North America-US-PA-Philadelphia, North America-US-GA-Atlanta, North America-US-CA-Los Angeles*