Dell Sr. Sales Engineer - Northeast
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: New York, New York
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000QZE
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Sr. Sales Engineer to join our team.
The End User Computing Services Domain is the vehicle through which Dell enables its sales teams to successfully identify and sell Cloud Computing, Desktop Virtualization and Enterprise Mobility Solutions. By Identifying best-of-breed capabilities, offers, tools, and technologies we heighten Dell's credibility in the marketplace, installing confidence in our ability to design, implement and maintain End User Computing Solutions. All of this is orchestrated through a comprehensive go-to-market plan which Sales, Marketing, Services and Product LOB's are aligned for maximum success. The result is customer-focused solution portfolio, consisting of simplified and consistent offers that leverage Dell IP and globally integrated capabilities, driving robust financial performance and increasing Dell's End User Computing and Mobility services market.
Dell has acquired Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse has expanded Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provided new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
The Sr. Sales Engineer provides pre-sales technical support to territory field sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the customers’ strategic business plans.
Responsibilities include a combination of pre-sales consultation services, performing technical product demonstrations, project managing, proof of concept engagements, and thin computing initiatives within a geographic territory in coordination with the Americas Sales Organization. Qualified candidates will work with enterprise customers to shorten the sales cycle by overcoming technical hurdles within specified accounts. The Sales Engineer must demonstrate solid communication skills, technical expertise, sales ability, and working both independently and within a team. They must also be able to communicate complicated technical material in a stressful yet results oriented environment. 50% travel .
- Work with regional sales team for pre-sales customers and partners
- Match products and solutions to customer technical needs
- Describe key technical features, benefits and how these features differ from the competition
- Overcome common technical objections
- Deliver a demonstration
- Ask closing questions of technical decision makers
- Reproduce customer issues and file articulate bug reports to development
- Present at tradeshows, partners and customer events
- Expert product knowledge of the entire cloud client portfolio
- Understand and articulate virtualization solution including VMware, Citrix and MS RDS (Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop experience (CCEA a plus), VMware View experience (VCP a plus), Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008, and Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 experience (MCSE a plus).
- Understand and articulate management software options and deployment processes
- Understand and articulate all models of cloud clients and their features
- 10 years of IT experience in a Vendor, Professional Services, IT Consulting, Systems Integration, or end-user environment
- 2 years, technical pre-sales experience, or technical business related experience
- Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop experience (CCEA a plus), VMware View experience (VCP a plus), Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008, and Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 experience (MCSE a plus)
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills
- Professional presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with building servers and setting up networks
- Self-starter that manages time and activities with little day-to-day guidance or interaction from management
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Outside Sales - Sales Engineering*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Dell Sr. Sales Engineer - Northeast*
**Location:** *NY-New York*
**Requisition ID:** *16000QZE*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-PA-Philadelphia, North America-US-MA-Boston*