Principal Software Engineer, Isilon SyncIQ/OneFS
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posted: November 11, 2017
Reference ID: R17758
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
File Systems & Data Storage - Principal Software Engineer
Location: Seattle WA
JOB ID: R17758
We are looking for a senior or principal engineer to do new product development for
Isilon's SyncIQ, an enterprise data replication, content protection and recovery product. This ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience with desired skills below or relevant product experience. This position is located in Seattle and will be open relocation for the ideal candidate. Apply now, we are actively interviewing!!
Are you passionate about technologies that replicate, Failover and Failback Big Data and associated data services between clusters? Are you interested in working on cutting-edge technologies to build the next generation Big Data replication among geographically distributed storage systems, tiering to multiple destinations including cloud? If you are passionate about these things then we have a great career value proposition for you!
We are the leader in scale-out NAS and transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the Big Data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. Isilon OneFS clustered storage and data management solutions enables enterprises and research organizations world-wide to manage massive and rapidly growing amounts of file and block based data in a highly-scalable, easy-to-manage, and cost effective way. We continue to package game changing technology, un-paralleled scalability, and record-breaking performance into a product line that is utterly simple to manage and continuously delights our customers. Isilon SyncIQ software enables the simple creation of a secure remote archive.
* Design and implement extremely scalable distributed products with enterprise level ship quality
* Code in a variety of languages, primarily C, C++ and Python
* Work with teams of engineers who are local and remote
* Contribute to roadmap for unparalleled Big Data Migration, Replication Failover/Failback and Protection products
* Mentor junior team members
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Excellent C/C++ multithreaded programming skills
* Experience with distributed systems and understanding of cloud technologies
* Excellent understanding of scale-out data structures and algorithms
* Excellent software architecture, design, implementation, test, debugging and problem solving skills
* Ability to work successfully as part of a team and technically lead projects
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
* Works well and can lead geographically dispersed teams
* Seasoned Engineer, leadership skills, mentoring skills, eager to learn, assist junior engineers as needed, or take on leadership roles or project lead roles as needed. We are looking for seasoned, experienced engineers with hands on experience.
* Experience working on content replication and/or Failover/Failback
* Hands-on experience developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems
* Experience working on public/private/hybrid cloud products
* Extensive understanding of multithreaded, asynchronous, kernel-mode programming concepts
* Experience working on and shipping a storage product is a big PLUS!
Software engineers at Dell Unstructured Data BU constantly push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of Big Data storage and distributed systems. We are a true systems organization and work at every layer of the storage stack, including all aspects of operating systems and file systems, distributed algorithms, high performance protocol stacks, and next-generation virtualization technology. We value software professionals who take pride in shipping enterprise quality extremely scalable distributed products.
Search Words: replication, data recovery, system level distributed systems, data replication, content replication, clusters, backup and recovery, OneFS (scale-out File System).
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R17758