Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
Currently, PSCNA has an immediate opening available for a Demand Planner
Responsibilities include managing the Demand Management function for the assigned product category. This position is responsible for working with the sales and product management teams to develop a 6 month forecast, on a monthly basis, measure and improve forecast accuracy, help improve customer lead times, help to keep inventory within budget, and help improve the overall supply chain planning process
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Work with Product Managers and Sales Management in order to finalize sales forecasts, purchases from the factories, as well as Panasonic and channel inventory levels.
- Manage daily communication with the factories on estimated times of arrival, and changes (pull ins and push outs of purchase quantities)
- Work with 3 rd party vendors to share forecasts and communicate changes in market demand
- Act as the point of escalation for customer service and inventory issues for the Mobility products
- Monitor and report on KPI’s related to customer service, on time delivery, forecast accuracy and inventory levels
- Monitor and drive any necessary corrections in Panasonic and/or channel inventory
- Utilize demand and supply planning tools as necessary in order to increase planning accuracy
- Work with Operations, Master Data, Product Management, and Logistics in order to resolve customer related issues
Process Improvement Initiatives
- Participate in project planning and implementation of process improvements, including the implementation of supply chain technologies
- Work on new metrics and ways to analyze data in order to improve customer service levels and inventory management
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor degree required in a related field
- 2 Years of Demand Planning Experience Required
- APICS CSCP Certification Preferred
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
People Management/Conflict Resolution :
- Ability to communicate with customers and sales people in order resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Work with Customer Service, Sales, Product Management, Channel Management and Finance to resolve issues
Other Requirements :
- Willingness to learn and evaluate new systems related to SCM for process and data quality improvements.
- Ability to learn basic product components in a configure to order environment
- Must be deadline oriented
- Organizational, Time Management, People Management & Presentation skills required
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.