The Dow Chemical Company has multiple exciting and challenging opportunities for Demand Planner / Analysts. The positions will all be located in Midland, MI and report to the Demand Planning and Analytics Business Process Leader. Each individual will be responsible for a line of business within Dow. These positions will be part of a major transformation in Planning capabilities enabling new and highly advanced statistical and analytics capabilities to be leveraged for Business success within Dow Major Responsibilities and Activities:
Maintain quality and completeness of data that are used in the generation of statistical forecasts
- Identifies data issues and works with IT and master data team to correct them
- Identifies outliers/one time events in historical time-series data and makes necessary adjustments in consultation with Demand Manager in the business
- Maintains historical data and future assumptions for exogenous market indicators
- Ensures new products are created and maintained in forecasting and planning systems
- Identifies phased out products and tags them for deletion as appropriate
Generate statistical volume and revenue forecasts based on appropriate statistical methods
- Generates forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons
- Maintains and tunes statistical models for generation of the best possible statistical forecasts
- Maintains seasonality and lifecycle profiles
- Maintains disaggregation factors to translate forecasts from aggregate to detailed levels
Develops and generates key metrics and analytics to support the demand planning process
- Analyzes performance of the statistical forecasts, multiple inputs and final plan through various performance measures (Error, Bias and Forecast value Add) for corrective actions
- Segment products based on various business criteria that support better utilization of the statistical forecasts in the demand planning process
- Identification of abnormal demand by comparing final plan against incoming orders
- Perform various ad-hoc analysis to support the Demand Managers in building the case for Demand Review and Demand Control meetings
Communicates statistical forecasts, underlying assumptions and results of analysis to the Demand Managers within the business
- Understands the business and uses appropriate language for communication of the results
- Manages the data in right formats and levels of detail for consumption by different stakeholders
Leads and collaborates on continuous improvement of statistical forecasting, business analytics and business utilization and value.
- Generates value adding ideas for continuous improvement
- Facilitates alignment and prioritization of improvement ideas
- Leads projects and activities to deliver on agreed improvements
- Can speak the technical language to the Advanced Analytics team
- Can speak the language of business with business users
- Incorporates improvements into the statistical forecasting and analytics process
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Serve as super users of forecasting tools and demand planning systems
- Support the Demand Managers in projects related to Business Demand Management
- Knowledge of best practices in demand planning that leads to an unbiased volume and revenue plan with continuously improving accuracy. Knowledge of broader business and supply chain planning processes is an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical forecasting models and methods (time series forecasting, causal forecasting and demand sensing) with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Based on the historical pattern, should be able to identify the intrinsic nature of the product e.g. trend, seasonality, lifecycle, statistical variability, structural changes, etc. that helps in fine tuning of system generated statistical forecasts.
- Working knowledge of ERP system (SAP), forecasting tools (SAS), demand planning systems (SAP APO, Logility, OMP) and reporting tools (SAP BW) and dynamics of data flow between multiple systems. As super user of the forecasting tools and demand planning system, should be able to utilize the tool efficiently in accordance with policies and procedures. Should be able to integrate and validate data from multiple systems.
- Strong analytical skills. Sound knowledge of different performance metrics used to measure demand planning performance. Ability to root cause plan accuracy and bias issues and relate them to stakeholder and management behaviors. Ability to do complex analysis and translate them into understandable outcome and recommendations. Ability to identify "vital few from trivial many" based on filters. Ability to deal with large amount of data.
- Strong data organizational skills in documenting and ability to quickly access reports and summarize/present them based on the requirements. Knows the importance of data integrity in reporting and gives high level of attention to details before reporting numbers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the demand process
- Good facilitation skills
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Business in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Economics, Statistics, Business or Finance
- Two or more years of demonstrable experience in Demand Planning, with a large National or Global Manufacturer
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Five or more years of demonstrable experience in Demand Planning, with a large National or Global Manufacturer
- Experience in Chemical Industry
- Master's degree or MBA
- APICS or IBF Certification in Forecasting or Planning
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674. About DowDuPont
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.