Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
The “Demand/Inventory Planner” will perform Demand and/or Inventory Planning responsibilities, depending on his/her assigned customer/product base. Position is responsible for managing global customer stocking programs across various domains in compliance with domain business rules.
- Actively seek out designated customer forecasts & enter and maintain forecasts within SAP/APO.
- Analyze forecast data to determine variances and trends.
- Advise sales of any concerns with regard to forecast inconsistency and seek input for forecast adjustments.
Supply Chain Management:
- Configure new stock materials and new stocking programs to ensure appropriate systems integration.
- Take ownership of the supply chain for assigned customers and resolve supply chain issues.
Sales & Operations Planning:
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Account Managers, Sales Administration and Inventory Planners.
- Interface with Account Managers to ensure collaborative sales forecast for designated customers is maintained in APO on schedule for monthly PSI reporting.
- Advise management of any known issues which will affect budgeted inventory turnover days.
- Measure customer forecast accuracy and factory performance.
- Present data to management.
Purchase Order and Delivery Management:
- Run MRP and seek appropriate purchase approvals in accordance with PIC guidelines.
- Interface with factory contacts to expedite, defer and cancel orders as appropriate.
- Ensure correct method of shipment is utilized and seek approvals for expedited freight charges in accordance with company policy.
- Alert Customer Service when purchase orders will not arrive in time to meet customer demand.
- Track shipments from the factory and interface with logistics contacts to facilitate on-time warehouse delivery.
- Post goods receipts into offline warehouses, if applicable.
- Collaborate with Sales, Accounting, Administration and Factory personnel as appropriate to resolve inventory concerns.
- Supply analysis for slow-moving/obsolete inventory to ensure timely disposition.
- Process scrap orders as appropriate, in accordance with PIC policy.
Supply Chain Management:
- Review and maintain SAP master settings to optimize inventory levels, purchase order quantities and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain purchase price and purchasing vendor-material info records in SAP
Sales & Operations Planning:
- Participate in monthly meetings with Account Managers, Sales Administration and Demand Planners.
- Advise management of any known issues which will affect budgeted inventory turnover days
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in demand planning, inventory management or related field required
- Intermediate PC proficiency with advanced aptitude in MS Excel required
- Proficiency in ERP system software required (SAP preferred)
- Proficiency in BI reporting tools (ex: Cognos)
- Understanding of supply chain, customer forecast and over-all PSI concepts
- Ability to identify customer needs, monitor satisfaction and act as the voice of the customer
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners throughout the supply chain, including Customers, Sales, Sales Administration, PMD, Logistics, and Factories
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Planning and implementing skills
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Company of America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, has a long, distinguished history of serving the North American manufacturing sector. Our aim is to support local manufacturing with products, technologies, and service that promote our customers' immediate and long-term goals. Our OEM industrial electronic components, subsystems and factory automation are geared to a diverse range of industries. ICD aims to achieve strategic partnerships, as well as support the development of North American manufacturing.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.