Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Responsibility Level:
This position manages all or a substantial portion of the daily production function within a plant. Incorporates best-in-class practices to increase productivity and drive improvement in all business metrics. Focuses on development and management of production personnel, particularly next generation leadership. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Attains production goals through effective scheduling to meet customer demands.
- Drives daily, weekly, and monthly performance metrics to ensure budgetary requirements are achieved.
- Provide leadership to create a work environment that drives excellence in productivity, customer service and quality.
- Ensures compliance with plant safety rules, policies and procedures and established housekeeping practices.
- Understands and supports plant KPIs and Shop Floor Management objectives.
- Use of continuous improvement skills such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement.
- Fosters a work environment built on fair and consistent treatment of all employees.
- Prepares and leads the execution of annual operating budgets and financial plans.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance and ISO-9000 policies, procedures and manuals.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of experience related to manufacturing supervision and production.
- Ability to work second shift on a regular basis: 3 pm to 1 am
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective, professional communication and organization skills.
- Experience applying Lean manufacturing, 5S, utilizing Six Sigma desirable.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.