What you will do
The Plant Superintendent position manages all or a substantial portion of the daily production function within a plant. Incorporates best-in-class practices to increase productivity and drive improvement in all business metrics. Focuses on development and management of production personnel, particularly next generation leadership. How you will do it
What we look for
- Attains production goals through effective scheduling to meet customer demands.
- Drives daily, weekly, and monthly performance metrics to ensure budgetary requirements are achieved.
- Provide leadership to create a work environment that drives excellence in productivity, customer service and quality.
- Ensures compliance with plant safety rules, policies and procedures and established housekeeping practices.
- Understands and supports plant KPIs and Shop Floor Management objectives.
- Use of continuous improvement skills such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement.
- Fosters a work environment built on fair and consistent treatment of all employees.
- Prepares and leads the execution of annual operating budgets and financial plans.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance and ISO-9000 policies, procedures and manuals.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of experience related to manufacturing supervision and production.
- Ability to work second shift on a regular basis: 3 pm to 1 am
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective, professional communication and organization skills.
- Experience applying Lean manufacturing, 5S, utilizing Six Sigma desirable.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.