Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT CHALLENGES AND TASKS
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of the professional nurse.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform all patient record and transcription activities.
3. Uses computer proficiently.
4. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
5. Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
6. Presents self in a professional manner.
EDUCATION : Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program or Nursing Fundamentals course (for student nurses).
EXPERIENCE : Preferred One year experience as a nursing assistant in an acute care or long term care facility. Recent computer experience; data entry and retrieval. Experience with medical terminology. Experience as a unit secretary is preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION : Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom