Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director Principal Statistician, are to:
Who you are
- Take the statistical lead for an indication, compound and/or therapeutic area;
- Lead cross-functional virtual teams;
- Drive the development and evolution of project, therapeutic area, and global standards;
- Provide statistical and methodological consultation on special statistical methodology or on complex statistical, scientific and regulatory issues and mentors other statisticians and/or statistical analysts;
- Represent the function with respect to statistical aspects of clinical development programs and products to internal and external stakeholders. These include regulatory agencies, collaborations/business partners, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), etc.;
- Keep abreast of regulatory and methodological issues, anticipate new needs in the area of responsibility and ensure development of innovative solutions;
- Influence decision making processes during early and late drug development and/or life-cycle management by use of appropriate statistical methodology (e.g. simulations, meta-analyses or modeling approaches);
- Drive development and implementation of innovative statistical methodology;
- Coordinate work with academic expects on themes related to the field of responsibility.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. or M.S. Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics;
- At least six (6) years of experience as statistician with significant time spent in the Pharma, Biotech, or similar sector;
- Experience in leading teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other functions;
- High level of expertise in multiple fields relevant for his/her statistics sub-function;
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and ability to work both, independently and collaboratively;
- Fluency in English.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.