Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a DePuy Synthes Trade Compliance Operations Manager, with a preferred location of Skillman, NJ, West Chester PA, or Raynham, MA, with additional consideration to located at other J&J U.S. based sites.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
The DePuy Synthes Trade Compliance Operations Manager is responsible for:
• Managing import and export regulatory requirements for DePuy Mitek, DePuy Spine, DePuy Orthopedics, Codman, Synthes, The Anspach Efforts, and DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc.
• Managing the team of Trade Compliance experts and directing the service requirements for third party providers to comply with US Customs Regulations and Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures.
• Ensuring uninterrupted supply chains by providing Trade Compliance advice and training to J&J Business Unit partners on logistics processes and procedures to comply with US Customs and Border Protection, FDA, BIS, OFAC, and other regulatory compliance agencies’ governing the clearance of import and export shipments.
• Planning and implementing changes to migrate new and existing US J&J companies into Regional Trade Compliance program, as well as for legal entity mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
• Partnering with Business Unit partners to review Global Trade Compliance assessments and develop training and compliance improvement plan goals.
• Leading strategy to identify Trade Compliance opportunities to participate in duty savings opportunities to include duty drawback, foreign trade zones, and free trade agreements.
• Utilizing Lean for process improvements and standardization across companies.
• Providing direction to Johnson & Johnson importers and exporters on documentation requirements to comply with Federal government agencies' requirements for international shipments.
• Responding to transactional inquiries from customs brokers for products which require additional information to be cleared for importation into the US.
• Maintaining the Global classification database and J&J internal systems, as required, to communicate product information to freight forwarders and Customs Brokers to affect government agencies.
• Serving as liaison between Customs Broker and Regulatory Affairs to resolve FDA holds and Notices of Action until issue resolution.
• Screening export trade entities to ensure that international customers are screened against the US Denied Parties list to comply with US Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC), and the State Department.
• Leading improvements to Trade Compliance capabilities to include collaboration with cross functional teams to deploy and sustain Global Trade Compliance Standards.
• Serving as subject matter expert for self-assessment programs, and Customs audit and inquiries.
• Hire, train and develop the expertise of a diverse team of Trade Compliance professionals
• Foster employee engagement through encouraging involvement and challenging established ways of thinking and working
• Establish goals and priorities to meet dynamic business requirements
• Be responsible for the long term career development plans for each team member concurrent with the 5 conversations Performance and Development cycle.Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant Trade Compliance experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with direct supervisory or people management is required.
• Experience in deploying a Trade Compliance program is required.
• Medical Device specific experience is strongly preferred.
• FDA regulation experience is strongly preferred.
• Licensed Customs Broker and/or Certified Customs Specialist highly preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in transportation related technology, security, compliance, and import/export processes are required.
• Strong project management/organizational skills are required.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of the end to end supply chain.
• Customer-centric mindset.
• Strong collaboration skills and able to influence without authority.
• Knowledge and experience in transportation related technology, security, compliance, and import/export processes.
• Strong partnering experience demonstrated by creating new relationships that drive cross-functional process improvements.
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to functional leaders in upper management and external partners.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to embrace learning regulatory requirements.
• This position can be located in Skillman, NJ, West Chester PA, Raynham, MA or Other J&J US sites, and may require up to 10% of domestic travel.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-RaynhamOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.