• Typically manages a small team of 3 to 5 associates, monitoring the workflow to ensure the department is operating efficiently and ensuring adequate backup coverage through cross training.
• Ensures that processing exceptions are resolved on a timely basis, are well documented and are communicated to appropriate parties.
• Monitors compliance with established controls and procedures and implements controls to eliminate losses.
• Validates service expectations, communicates status and establishes areas for improvement.
• Maintains effective working relationships with clients, other departments, trading areas, brokers and service providers.
• Works with various internal business groups to develop system enhancements into daily operations.
• Interviews, evaluates, hires, and manages performance with responsibility for training, along with recommendations for performance planning, promotions and terminations.
• Communicates and manages department goals and performance targets, and makes suggestions for enhancements to operational processes to more effectively meet client needs.
• Assists with client presentations on derivatives operations.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with business related coursework.
• At least 5 years' related financial industry experience, part of which must be in management or supervisory capacity.
• Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements. Hands-on experience within OTC derivatives is preferred.
• Solid understanding of operational functions within custody and/or fund accounting and the depository platforms.
• Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, planning and analytical skills.
• Excellent client communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written forms.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience in identifying and resolving client service issues.
• Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications including MS Office applications.
• Ability to provide technical expertise to revolve daily problems.
• Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of organization.
• Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.