Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
This role is within the Cross Asset Projects group that spans all across all of the functional organizations within ISG Product Operations. The right candidate will be a fast learner and pro-active in taking on initiatives and managing them through to completion. This individual will work with stakeholders across the Operations, Projects, IT, and Business teams to clearly understand issues; identify opportunities for change; have responsibility for improving the efficiency of daily processing and delivery of improvements to the infrastructure and processes. The Project Manager / Business Analyst is expected to own and drive distinct components of the overall solution and manage through to successful delivery via all phases of the Systems Development Lifecycle. They need to be hands-on in terms of the detail and be able to manage and influence others in terms of delivery.
- Responsible for leading the analysis and requirements gathering for each initiative.
- Identify and resolve business and functional requirements
- Create and maintain project documentation such as BRDs, Project plans and training documentation
- Liaise with technical teams to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Effectively use tools such as Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, and SnagIt to present information and facilitate decision making by project participants.
- Conduct Working Groups and Stakeholder Updates as needed
- 3 or more years of experience in financial industry
- Bachelor's degree required
- Analytical skills: can evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile variances and convey findings to management and key stakeholders
- Requirements: experience in gathering requirements, writing, and delivery of formal documents
- Testing: experience creating test plans/test scripts, performing testing and managing testing
- Project Management: can manage multiple small initiatives end to end through the project lifecycle
- Stakeholder Management: can discuss requests and requirements with stakeholders and keep them informed of progress
- Communication Skills: can build relationships and articulate key messages succinctly and effectively through verbal and written communications
- Microsoft Tools: competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project & Visio
- Knowledge of derivative products and post-trade lifecycle would be an advantage
- Experience in regulatory compliance & implications for trade confirmation and settlement is very favorable
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.