About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Exciting new opportunity within the company Inflammation & Immunology division to join a new specialty sales team for crisaborole. Crisaborole currently has a New Drug Application under review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is a non-steroidal topical PDE4 inhibitor, and if approved, has the potential to be an important treatment option for patients.
This position will report to the District Business Manager and will support the field based launch and selling efforts. This position will require travel and may require some weekly overnights. No relocation is available for this position. The ideal candidate should live within the territory.
The Specialty Healthcare Representative is responsible for increasing the level of awareness and sales within assigned geography.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Accountable to meet or exceed sales and tactical business objectives • Maintains an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of disease state and product that enable the SHR to engage in meaningful dialog, build credibility and add value when calling on the Dermatology and Pediatric Communities.
• Responsible for understanding the managed care market dynamics and medical coverage or formulary status and communicating this information to physicians and staff.
• Responsible for providing healthcare providers with all relevant information that promotes quality healthcare decisions.
• Sells appropriately using only approved selling materials and resources; utilizes appropriate body language when addressing customers; focuses discussion on patient, Health care a professional and the practice.
• Engage customers in a way that is meaningful to them so that they find value in the interactions and welcome future engagements.
• Establishes and maintains objectives for geography in consultation with district management to assure execution of territorial business plan.
• Creates effective call plans that efficiently maximize call reach and frequency.
• Employs effective selling techniques, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus, productive questions, issues identification and effective close.
• Completes all call reporting and inventory responsibilities in accordance with current procedures and policies.
• Sets aside needed study and certification time, during off-territory hours to, required to learn medical, product, and policy information, as well as to maintain company supplies equipment and records.
• BA/BS Degree
• A minimum of 3 years pharmaceutical sales experience
• Applicant must have a valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• The ideal candidate will live in the key workload center of the territory
• Strong working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry with selling experience in Specialty Pharmacy as a key distribution channel
• Sales experience in any of the following areas: 1) Dermatology, 2) specialty and 3) launch experience
• Experience selling to Dermatologists and/or other specialized physicians
• Prior or current the company sales experience, working with the company tools and or systems (i.e., Veeva)
• Able to provide documented sales success
• Demonstrated performance in highly clinical selling environment
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate payer landscape in selling presentations
• Ability to provide customer oriented solutions
• Demonstrated team work/collaboration
• Good organizational, planning skills
• Self-motivated/performance accountability
• Excellent communication skills
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.