This opening is in our Kawneer business located in Springdale, Arkansas. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We are seeking a Design Assist Engineer
whose Primary Purpose is to focus on providing proper product application to position Kawneer for a competitive bid advantage. This role will influence the Design Communities construction drawings and specifications to position Kawneer brands to have a competitive advantage and provide a positive contribution to revenue stream. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Review and understand architectural design drawings to provide appropriate technical solutions for project specific requirements;
- Provide timely response to architects, designers specific targeted customers, and follow up to direct e-mail, phone and web inquires;
- Provide standard, modified and custom detail information for project specific requirements;
- Work closely with the commercial sales organization to maximize opportunities to close bid projects;
- Identify and communicate emerging market and/or product needs to the product management group;
- Promote new products whenever possible;
- Utilize Construction Market Data (CMD) reporting system to track and share project status with the commercial sales team;
- Create 2D and 3D tender presentation drawings using AutoCAD for unitized window wall and curtain wall to include modifying existing and developing custom systems;
- Prepare thermal models using Therm5 software;
- Prepare timely and accurate responses to customer needs;
- Possess a proactive approach to pursue opportunities to obtain new orders and repeat business.
- Basics knowledge of structural engineering principles and concepts;
- Familiarity with CRM solutions and metric-driven management;
- Ability to counsel with customers on matters of product selection, product application and installation processes;
- Must be results oriented with the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to function in an environment with tight deadlines.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 10 years' engineering and / or design experience focusing on Curtain Wall, Window Wall and /or SEF systems;
- Experience working in 3D software (i.e. Solidworks, AutoCad, etc.);
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction from an accredited institution;
- Previous Outside sales experience selling Curtain Wall, Window Wall and /or SEF systems;
- Experience with thermal modeling software.