Design Automation Engineer Job Description
Come and join the Technology and Manufacturing Group!
We are looking for individuals interested in developing and testing Engineering Design Automation tools, creating flows/scripts to analyze and test design methodologies.
The candidate will evaluate the vendor practical capabilities to provide required products or services. They will be responsible for designing, deploying and testing efficiency of tools to utilize in achieving design goals and collaborating with design teams on methodology development.
Design Automation Engineers are advocates of applying design methodologies to help execute projects effectively and successfully with high qualitysThe candidate must have the ability to interact effectively with engineers from various disciplines and communicate effectively with management and peers. In addition, be self-motivated with the initiative to seek constant improvements in CAD methodologies. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Effective stakeholder management, project management, and ability to communicate status, impacts/delays to schedule.
Able to document, quantify, and articulate technical problems with recommended improvements and/or solutionsQualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- The candidate must possess a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 months of experience with:
- Software development/programming in languages e.g. Java, C , Lisp, Scheme
- UNIX/Linux environments and scripting languages e.g. PERL or TCL
- CMOS VLSI Design concepts, flows and EDA tools.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience in layout database management.
- Experience in full-chip tape-in operations.
- Experience developing Cadence Virtuoso pcells SKILL Programming Language
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience in debugging layout verification flows e.g. DRC, LVS, RV
- Experience in debugging CAD tools e.g Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor Graphics
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.