Do you want to make a difference with the digital transformation of the company?
Core Services Engineering (CSE) builds the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We are in the business of human capital management, financial management and other important core services.
We are shaping the way we think about and build these experiences for our users. We are changing from a service provider organization to a product and strategy organization.
To move forward with this vision, we need to have a deeper understanding of our customers? behavior, needs, wants and desires.
Are you a rare blend of Designer and Front-end Developer who is just as comfortable with user personas, scenarios and tasks as you are with HTML, JQuery, and CSS? Are you passionate about perfecting the details that make a great user experience and evolving the design process through prototypes?
We’re seeking a passionate, creative, self-starting, get-it-done individual. You will work side-by-side with world class Designers and Engineers to help explore design solutions, preserve design integrity, and bring designs to life through prototypes.
We’re looking for a results-oriented collaborator who is a nimble engineer with keen design sensibilities. You have experience interpreting designs into fully functional interactive experiences and do the job quickly and efficiently. You work in and with new technologies and can quickly and smoothly learn to use new tools.
Seeking a designer who has a clear understanding of the design process - interaction design, usability, visual design, and motion graphics - and demonstrate an ability to merge this with established development processes. You will also help establish new processes, bring design and development closer through your front-end skills, and help establish tools within the studio that will evolve the way we design and build products. Outcomes you’ll drive:
Develop various levels of fidelity in prototyping to help bridge the gap between development and design Assist with UI fit and finish development Coordinate with UX and Engineering to ensure interaction and visual designs are handed off according to design specs and motion comps Communicate clearly and effectively with project teams in all stages of design and development Balance the development of prototypes aimed at communicating design intent versus those intended to empower design decisions and user research Evolve the process of design documentation and handoff to development Jump in where necessary utilizing your background as a designer and help drive user flows, and product design
• 3-5 years of experience working as part of a design team to deliver high quality UI
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to respond positively to changing requirements
• Strong communication skills; able to handle challenging situations with diplomacy and grace
• Proven ability to manage yourself and others to meet deadlines
• Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies, propose solutions and drive demonstrable improvements
• Required technical qualifications: Comfortable developing scenarios, tasks, interaction patterns and user flows.
• Tools Knowledge: Photoshop / Illustrator / PowerPoint Familiarity with MVVM / MVC
• 2-5 years of design experience or related work experience
• 1-3 years of coding or programming experience
• Minimum Associates Degree in computer science field or related field of study related to information technology, programming, design, or HCI or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. #DSRE
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.