McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Design Development Program Associate - Carnegie Mellon University
As a Designer on the Digital team, you will work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business analysts to further our understanding of how people interact with their money. You will find opportunities for change, advocate for the needs of our customers, and lead design from empathy to iteration to deliver human-centered solutions to over 65-million customers.
About the Role:
Our Designers enjoy solving complex problems. They are human-centered in their approach to design and advocate for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a love for learning. They generate ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They are passionate about the power of strategic design and demonstrate an “anything is possible” mind set. They take pride in their work yet have a humble approach. They are able to contribute on end-to-end on projects and act as as researchers, strategists, and designers. They use design thinking methods to uncover insights to inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and enjoy presenting their decisions in front of colleagues and business partners.
- Build empathy for the people you’re designing for through participation in human-centered research;
- Advocate for and be the voice of the customer in our design and development process;
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, and other designers on research, strategy, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts;
- Present research findings and design concepts with various audiences from sophisticated design experts to non-designers;
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies to deliver useful and usable product, data, or service experiences;
- Exercise our values of humanity, simplicity, and ingenuity throughout your work;
- Translate user needs, style guides, technology and business requirements into elegant design solutions;
- Use analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- You will obtain or have obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2015 and May 2017;
- You are a current student or alumni of Carnegie Mellon University
- Bachelor’s Degree: BFA in Interaction Design or Communication Design, BS in Human-Computer Interaction or Computer Science (with Human-Computer Interaction focus), BA/BS in design-related field or closely related discipline;
- Graduate degree: MFA / MDes in Interaction Design, MS in HCI, MA in Design with experience as a UX practitioner;
- Working knowledge of human-centered design principles (e.g. Design Thinking);
- Portfolio of UX/UI design work that demonstrates experience working on projects from empathy to iteration;
- Storytelling skills with an ability to weave key insights into a compelling narrative and present to diverse audiences;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions;
- 2+ years’ experience with standard digital design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.);
- Exposure to client management, including relationship building with internal and external partners;
- Bonus: interest in service design with experience using service design methods;
About the Design Development Program:
As a member of our two-year, Design Development Program (DDP), you'll have the freedom to explore different roles, teams, and design projects while zeroing-in on the career that's right for you. Conceived of as a career accelerator to foster the next generation of leading talent, the Design Development Program provides the framework to develop world-class design skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of end-to-end data, product, and service design.
- A fun and challenging role on an awesome team;
- Placement opportunities within Product, Service, and Data Visualization Design roles
- The opportunity to rotate roles at the 12-month mark in the Program;
- Mentorship with industry-leading designers;
- On-going professional and personal training through Meet Ups, Lunch N Learns, and our award-winning Capital One University;
- Regular networking opportunities with peers and executives;
Come join us!
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.