Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Plan and direct efforts of a design team, set standards and methodologies to be used by the team, provide consultation and technical input on initiatives with stakeholders, confer with management of partner business units, report progress to senior management, represent the design unit as an expert, and plan and manage unit's budget.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the Design System and for supporting Digital Channels/CRM product owners responsible for providing a unified experience across all applications, implementing Salesforce, and developing APIs, Web, Mobile, and the ADK aligned to the Design System.
- Responsible for supporting the Shared Services product owners responsible for Business Architecture, Business Rules and Data.
- Plan and direct efforts to discover, scope and deliver the experience design needs for a program level portfolio
- Oversee the efforts of senior practitioners and managers to ensure that teams are developing and implementing design techniques and methodologies for their respective program portfolio needs
- Create and execute staffing plans that include different talent sources, such as full time employees, contractors and professional services vendors
- Exhibit thought leadership on the business value of design, organization effectiveness for design teams, emerging trends in design role specialization
- Proactively builds partnerships with executives and their senior staff
- Clearly translates designer culture and skill sets to stakeholders that have little or no familiarity in working with designers
- Provides reporting to senior management on the progress and impact of design as a core capability. Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts. Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plans and executes the unit's budget
- Motivates and inspires design team members. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
As creative partner to Business Architecture, Data and Rules, Design System, eCRM and Channels, candidates should have the following:
- Proven track record of leading teams of at least 5 or more designers on complex digital products with Agile-oriented Technology and Product Management partners
- Recruiting and people management experience of designers in a start-up / growth phase business
- Mastery of evangelizing design as a practice in a corporate environment and to the design community locally
- Knowledge of role-based permissioning, identity security, customer relationship management via Salesforce, and data visualization
- Experience with establishing a Design System and its ongoing evolution and governance
- Must have clear understanding of APIs and how they may impact user experience on B2B digital products
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing across functions, teams, and various levels of management including senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries and influence others to build consensus and drive decision-making even when direct authority does not exist.
- Effectively builds relationships and trust with a wide range of personnel.
Please note that this position can be based out of Dallas, TX office or VA office locations and will require up to 30% travel. EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.