Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Design Director will be part of the Global New Product Design & Development team that is transforming our product development and design process into one that leverages human centered design practices. The team collaborates with partners to discover, define, and design high-potential new products and
services that are market tested and ready for scaled commercialization. We focus on high-potential business
opportunities that can be piloted, have a clearly articulated end user impact, and can accelerate growth for Visa. The Design Director will be part of product development projects that include ideation, iteration and testing. Projects are derived based on forces shaping howconsumers earn, spend, and save. This role will also contribute to driving much of Visa's global new product roadmap through applied exploration and development. This role reports to the VP of Global New Product Design & Development in the Innovation & Strategic Partnership organization. The Innovation Center at One Market Center will be the primary location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting projects based on human centered design methods and working across functions (e.g., design, technology, products, etc.) for Visa's client issuers, merchants, end consumers and partners . The New Product Design & Development team is a small, nimble team requiring the individual to be both a leader and a maker with strong design research, concept development and UX skills. The team believes in curiosity, creative confidence, experimentation through making, continuous learning, respectful collaboration, inclusion, empathy, resiliency and fun!
The role requires the person to be very comfortable with ambiguity, developing solutions that begin with the customer and rapid iterations of prototypes to deliver customer experiences that are simple, powerful, and exceptional. They also are excited and willing to tackle business constraints as a design challenge and collaborate with business and technology partners to define the user and business impact of design recommendations.
Lastly, the person should be a "SWAN" - someone who is smart, works hard, ambitious and nice!
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams by collaborating closely with business and engineering folks to find clear, simple and practical solutions to design challenges. Contribute design thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Collaboratively with team members and stakeholders, solve
problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Plan, design and lead creative workshops, user research and usability testing sessions. Setup design opportunities, frameworks and behavioral exercises to extract impulses, truth, and behaviors from
consumers/users. Work with business partners to ensure that methodologies are appropriate and applied to the business design challenge (e.g., what problem are we trying to solve? What impact do we want to have? What are possible solutions? What context and constraints do we need to keep in mind?)
- Go into the field to observe and talk with consumers, experts, and unusual inspiration subjects Translate research discovery into macro insights that ignite creative concept development and idea generation
- Understand Visa's business model, ecosystem, and end users to effectively "connect the dots" between business, design and development
- Develop ideas that create signature journey moments, services, and products by creating user experience goals and conceptual frameworks (user personas, storyboards, key user journeys and relevant flowcharts; and information architecture).
- S implify and distill complex ideas/processes into intuitive and elegant design solutions by visually mapping out a user's journey with highlights of key pain points, unmet needs, and unique opportunities. Work with business and technology partners to define the viability and impact of insights and recommendations
- Rapidly produce and iterate multiple concepts and prototypes by; q uickly illustrating and storyboarding ideas collaboratively with users and business partners, making low fidelity sketches, designing prototypes and simulations of experiences to help communicate, test, and/or demonstrate the magic of an idea and knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Collaborate with design technologists and development teams to ensure faithful prototyping and/or production of design concepts
- Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way. Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules. Have effective time management skills to balance project schedule with
fast-paced deadlines. Know when and how to engage team members, stakeholders and partners.
- Thrive on ambiguity. You want to dive into unknown territory and design simple, elegant solutions to complex business and usability problems.
- Excellent communication skills. You can clearly communicate research findings, concepts, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Excellent communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your ideas and design
decisions to a variety of audiences and stakeholders including strategy, product, and technology teams as well as junior to executives levels
- Strong facilitator and collaborator
- Experience working hands-on with business partners, developers and stakeholders
- A solid understanding of the Human Centered Design process as well as user experience, user research, interaction design, and design principles
- A professional portfolio demonstrating experience in concept ideation, design strategy, identifying and prioritizing use cases, designing flows and experiences
- Problem solving and communication skills that demonstrate you know how to 1) understand user needs, 2) translate those needs into modern and intuitive experiences, and 3) justify design choices
and adjust decisions based on feedback
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 6+ years of experience in UX/Interaction Design
- Expert-level knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Understanding of web, mobile and emerging technologies
- Payments and/or fintechs experience a plus
Applicants must provide a link to portfolio of work samples showing mobile design and wireframing. Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.