Be part of a dynamic and skilled team developing process design kits (PDKs) for the world's most advanced semiconductor technologies. This job role may include development of decks for Design Rule Checking (DRC), Layout vs Schmatic Checking (LVS), or Layout Parastic Extraction (LPE or PEX) using industry standard software tools such as Mentor Graphics Calibre and Synopsys StarRC. This work involves close interaction with groundrule developers, device engineers, compact modelers, and circuit designers. The successful candidate will proactively work to solve problems, debug errors, and create solutions, and will work collaboratively in a global team environment.
Location: Albany, NY
• Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma
• Basic understanding of physical layout, technology groundrules, and semiconductor processing.
• Fluent English (both verbal and written) and strong communication skills.
• Master's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or Related Field
• At least 1 year experience in Apply Knowledge of Semiconductor Technology
• At least 1 year experience in Computer Engineering
• Basic knowledge in Design Automation tools such as Mentor Graphics Calibre, Synopsys StarRC, or Cadence Virtuoso.
• Experience developing automation and scripting using languages such as Tcl, Perl, etc.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.