About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Responsible for design and development of medical devices and combination products as well as on-market product troubleshooting. Utilizes critical thinking and application of the principles of physics, material science, and manufacturing process know-how to creative engineering problem solving and overall project execution.
Performs project planning, engineering margin calculation, requirements margin and design risk analysis, and generates design output documentation such as specifications and drawings. A Design Engineer will manage external suppliers and manufacturing partners and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Support the design and development of medical devices and combination products
• Produce models and drawings using 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks)
• Prepare for early-stage usability studies
• Produce and approve requirement specifications for external suppliers
• Analyze internal and supplier designs to identify areas critical to function, likely failure modes and design sensitivities.
• Carry out tolerance analysis using RSS methodology
• Design test rigs and challenge parts
• Collaborate on engineering testing (laboratory-based work) to evaluate design proposals and establish functional performance characteristics and feedback results into design
• Carry out data analysis of test results to determine design performance and acceptability
• Risk management assessment and mitigation, including DFMEA and input to UFMEA.
• Support supplier design reviews and the company design reviews
• Assess Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly with internal and external design teams
• Understand design of plastic parts for injection molding
• Create documentation to support medical device development and industrialization, and submission
• Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years' experience using 3D CAD
• Expertise in design for injection molding and design for assembly
• Experience within the medical device industry would be a benefit
Physical requirements include walking, standing, and performing analysis including CAD development. Includes hands-on prototyping and sample building for test.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued.
Legacy Hospira Grade 14
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.