What you will do:
Responsible for providing quotes, pricing, and system design related to HVAC products based on customer request. Also responsible for communicating effectively with customers to identify their requirements and respond in a timely manner, as well as analyzing customer and product requirements to provide recommendations. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Communicate with customers seeking information on type, size, and dimensions of requested HVAC products.
- Generate quotes and process job orders and special components.
- Create 2-D/3-D computer models of proposed commercial product components generated from customer e-mails, faxes, and via telephone.
- Generate new/special product drawings and prepare revisions for current product drawings.
- Respond to information requests from Engineering and Architectural companies concerning proper applications and equipment functionality of products.
- Analyze customer and product issues and recommend changes as necessary.
- Create and edit bills of materials based on customer request.
- Knowledgeable & resourceful in knowing applicable product codes and standards. Examples are: UL, NFPA, Mechanical Codes and SMACNA .
- Conduct reviews with fabrication plant regarding the ability to produce custom products for product lines.
- Reporting discrepancies within technical and installation brochures to appropriate personnel.
- Compile letters of assurance and clarifications for review and approval.
- Handle additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Aptitude: Associates degree preferred.
- 2 - 4 years mechanical system design experience in HVAC environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. AutoCAD Inventor preferred.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with employees and customers.
- Ability to process heavy flow of extremely detailed work in timely manner.
- Excellent problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Travel will be required upon management request.