Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: "We're crazy enough to think we can inspire the future." This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo's beverage, snacks and nutrition portfolios, with today's hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touch points and regions of the world. Our Opportunity:
Global Design is a new strategic function at PepsiCo aimed at creating value across the enterprise by leveraging the power of Design. The Design Innovation team within Global Design translates the business's top innovation priorities into product strategies, consumer experiences, brand direction, and new ventures that are globally scalable and relevant for PepsiCo.
The Global Design Innovation Director will be responsible for all aspects of the front-end design process, ranging from problem definition, performing and analyzing consumer research, to brainstorming ideas and visualizing concepts. He/she is fueled by imagination and creativity, and loves the challenge of creating what has not yet been created.
Project challenges will span across both food and beverage categories and may include brand-led innovation, new business creation, new products, and strategic whitespace development. The position requires strong leadership of cross-discipline teams consisting of design innovation, brand designers, industrial designers, and key business partners to solve PepsiCo innovation challenges. S/he will have a strong work ethic for taking on unique and complex problems that have broad impact on the business, while focusing on new product creation driven through the lens of the consumer. Responsibilities
The person in this role will be accountable for supporting the development and delivery of a wide range of innovation projects. S/he will need to help deliver projects from initial ideation and concept development, and support pilot and commercialization efforts:
- Partners with R&D, consumer insights, brand managers etc. to develop new design platforms grounded in consumer insights and leverages technology and trends to create new sources of growth. This includes working with business partners to properly scope, brief, and plan innovation projects that may include concepting for new food/beverage products, services and experiences, or new business ecosystems.
- Provides leadership and content development for cross-functional teams in the front-end innovation process and activities (across observation, analysis, directions, ideation, concept refinement) that will lead to strong and high-quality outputs and concepts.
- Has the ability to visualize new design platforms / products and can effectively leverage design tools (e.g. sketching, prototypes, video etc.) to bring their vision/recommendations to life.
- Creates strategic framing for initiatives and projects, ensuring that future products/portfolios/platforms are aligned with business and brand objectives
- Should have experience with quantitative methodologies for demonstrating new concept value propositions, benefits, and positioning
- Has strong experience in conducting ethnographic research, creating methodologies, and planning.
- Provides design leadership around innovation analysis and synthesis, including the ability to framework, articulate definitive innovation insights, clear design principles with clear link to ideation and idea refinement
- Able to develop criteria and point of view on innovation opportunity areas and prioritization
- Has a strong capability to identify people's unmet needs and is able to articulate and deliver that into a design strategy and business opportunity.
- Able to plan and facilitate dynamic work sessions for both small and larger groups who may not be familiar with the innovation process or culture of innovation.
- Has experience in developing prototype and pilots for services, experiences, or in-market experiments. Able to lead "lean startup" build-learn-measure methodology.
- Influences with strong character as a cultural steward, providing clarity and direction in a fast moving culture. Must be an articulate communicator comfortable defending ideas, enrolling business partners, educating teams on methodology, and presenting to high-level stakeholders. A positive and motivating leader for innovation teams to build a strong innovation culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Masters preferred
- 10+ years of Design Strategy and Design Innovation experience
- Proven ability to communicate with a technical organization (e.g. R&D) and a creative marketing organization
- A creative problem solver and dot connector
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in dynamic work environment
- Can build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and project leads
- Prior Global Experience preferred
- Prior Supervisory Experience preferred
Eligible for Limited Relocation